As attendees will be accessing the internet for some of our activities, we implement an internet usage policy based on the best practices identified by the National Centre for Technology in Education. Before proceeding you are required to accept our internet acceptable usage policy as outlined below.
To complete the booking for the Whizzkids Summer Camp in NUIG on 13-17Aug. Please enter your details here and click Buy Now. Note you do not need a Paypal account.
Please mention any condition of health or disability that would have an impact on your time with at the camp under by clicking "Add Special Instructions to the seller" before you finalise the payment.
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) has been taken directly from the guidelines provided by the National Centre for Technology in Education (NCTE) and it’s aim is to ensure that students will benefit from learning opportunities offered by Whizzkids programmes in a safe and effective manner. Internet use and access is considered a resource and privilege. Therefore, if the AUP is not adhered to this privilege will be withdrawn and appropriate sanctions – as outlined in the AUP – will be imposed. Before signing, the AUP should be read carefully to ensure that the conditions of use are accepted and understood.
Whizzkids employs a number of strategies in order to maximise learning opportunities and reduce risks associated with the Internet. These strategies are as follows:GENERAL
• Internet sessions will always be supervised by a teacher.
• Filtering software and/or equivalent systems will be used in order to minimise the risk of exposure to inappropriate material.
• Whizzkids will regularly monitor students’ Internet usage.
• Students and teachers will be provided with training in the area of Internet safety.
• Uploading and downloading of non-approved software will not be permitted.
• Virus protection software will be used and updated on a regular basis.
• The use of personal floppy disks, memory sticks, CD-ROMs, or other digital storage media requires a teacher’s permission.
• Students will treat others with respect at all times and will not undertake any actions that may bring Whizzkids into disrepute.WORLD WIDE WEB
• Students will not intentionally visit Internet sites that contain obscene, illegal, hateful or otherwise objectionable materials.
• Students will report accidental accessing of inappropriate materials in accordance with Whizzkids procedures.
• Students will never disclose or publicise personal information.
• Downloading by students of materials or images not relevant to their studies is in direct breach of the Whizzkid’s acceptable use policy.
• Students will be aware that any usage, including distributing or receiving information, school-related or personal, may be monitored for unusual activity, security and/or network management reasons.SANCTIONS
• Misuse of the Internet may result in disciplinary action, including written warnings, withdrawal of access privileges and, in extreme cases, suspension or expulsion. Whizzkids also reserves the right to report any illegal activities to the appropriate authorities.
• Students will use approved email accounts under supervision by or permission from a teacher.
• Students will not send or receive any material that is illegal, obscene, defamatory or that is intended to annoy or intimidate another person.
• Students will not reveal their own or other people’s personal details, such as addresses or telephone numbers or pictures.
• Students will never arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone they only know through emails or the internet.
• Students will note that sending and receiving email attachments is subject to permission from their teacher.INTERNET CHAT
• Students will only have limited access to chat rooms, discussion forums, messaging or other electronic communication fora that have been approved by Whizzkids.
• Chat rooms, discussion forums and other electronic communication forums will only be used for educational purposes and will always be supervised.
• Usernames will be used to avoid disclosure of identity.
• Face-to-face meetings with someone organised via Internet chat will be forbidden.