Welcome to Whizzkids
With computers and technology playing a bigger role in our everyday lives, Whizzkids has a range of programmes that open up the world of multimedia to boys and girls aged 8+. From our summer camps in top class Universities in Dublin, Cork, Limerick & Galway, to tailored programs delivered to you on your doorstep, we offer a range of programmes that will educate and entertain.
Whizzkids is delighted to partner with ForFás in the Discover Primary Science programme to promote the importance of technology to children.
We have a wide range of presentations and workshops. Contact us if you would like Whizzkids to come to your school. It will even help you attain your DPS Award of Science & Maths Excellence!
Click below for a video preview
of our Summer Camps
RTE paid a visit to Whizzkids Summer Camps
to see what they guys were
getting up to at the Whizzkids Spy Academy.
Give them Something they Can Look Forward To
Are you looking for a Birthday, Christmas or confirmation gift? One that will be both fun and beneficial to your son/daughter/niece/nephew? Then a Whizzkids Gift Voucher
is just the ticket. Vouchers can be made out to any value and can be redeemed against any of our camps or clubs. This year give the gift of knowledge!
Whizzkids is delighted to be accredited as an Outreach provider with the Discover Primary Science programme
to promote the importance of technology to children.
Taking part in Whizzkids will count as Step 2 for the Discover Primary Science and Maths Award of Science and Maths Excellence.
Our presentations are designed to encourage children to think about technology, its impact on our lives and to consider whether they may
be interested in studying this subject further.
• To Infinity and Beyond - Tracing the humble beginnings of the computer, through its meteoric rise to date and on to where it might take us in 20 years time.
• Tech it or Leave IT – How technology has enhanced our lives both as a work and a creative tool.
• The Global Village - How ICT has impacted on the way our world operates today.
• Programming - Create your own screensavers and video games using Scratch programming.
• Digital Storytelling - Create your own visual stories and animations.
• Stop Motion Videos - This hugely popular technique turns inanimate objects into stars of the show. (All props provided).
• Movie Making - Learn how to turn your edit into a finished piece.
• Internet Safety - Safe surfing.
Other topics available on request.
Using their mobile unit of laptops, cameras and digital equipment, Whizzkids Training can deliver 1 hour workshops
in any location irrespective of your existing IT infrastructure. They are most suitable for 3rd – 6th classes.
The presentations can accommodate large groups and including Q&A will also last 45mins-one hour.
Contact Derval on 061 339178, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a visit to your school.